Our goal: Reduce CO2 emission intensity by 30% by 2030
With our recyclable construction and insulation materials, we promote the energy efficiency of buildings and thus contribute to environmental and climate protection. However, to manufacture these products we need natural resources and cause CO2 emissions. To minimize the impact on the environment and climate, we are committed to resource-conserving and energy-efficient production.
Our goal is therefore to reduce our CO2 emission intensity by 30% by 2030 (compared with the base year 2019). To achieve this goal, we have defined measures and a roadmap aimed in particular at saving energy and using it more efficiently in production:
- Improving energy efficiency by installing photovoltaic systems on our manufacturing sites
- Installing energy-saving LED lighting solutions
- Replacement of existing heating processes with alternatives with lower CO2 emissions
- Increased use of renewable energies as a key criterion in energy procurement
- Extensive investment in combined heat and power generation at eligible plants, particularly in the Insulating Materials division
- Replacement of existing equipment and machinery with newer, more energy-efficient systems
- Further expansion of our "green logistics" programs through increased use of rail, waterways and e-mobility, as well as optimal utilization of transport and logistics capacities
Energy-efficient and sustainable construction
But it is not only in our own production facilities and sites that we aim to reduce CO2 emissions. Our construction and insulation materials are already contributing to energy-efficient and sustainable building and renovation. Our research and development units are continuously working to further improve the insulation and thermal conductivity of our products and solutions in order to further reduce CO2 emissions from buildings. In this way, we are contributing to the decarbonization of the entire construction sector.